Call for proposals for Scientific Workshops and Practice Sessions
Call for proposals for Practice Sessions and Scientific Workshops
- Proposals for Practice sessions and Scientific workshops are submitted in the same form in ConfTool. The Scientific Commitee will categorize them after submission.
- We open for proposals until 17th January 2021, but please contact us early to get feedback sooner.
- Practice-session proposals and programme will be evaluated on-the-fly by a special sub-commitee, while Scientific Workshop proposals will be evaluated by the Programme Commitee
- The Programme Committee reserve the right to merge suggestions that cover similar topics. You may therefore submit a suggestion that you feel is not a complete workshop.
How to submit proposals
Proposals are submitted to the conference submission/registration system (ConfTool). There are two options:
- Brief plan: If your proposal is very preliminary or sketchy, simply type your ideas in the "abstract" text field (You need not upload a document; this can be done at a later date when you have a more detailed plan)
- Detailed plan: If you have developed a detailed workshop/session plan, please upload it (PDF or DOCX) to the submission/registration system (ConfTool). A Word template is available on the Download page
- Questions: If you have any questions or ideas, please do not hesitate to contact Secretariat, Sverre Holøs (Vice-President of Practice) or Guangyu Cao (Vice-president Science).
Proposals should include the following information:
- Names, affiliations, and contact info of proposed chairpersons and organizers
- Objective/motivation for organizing workshop/session
- Target audience
- Format and participant interaction (presentations, round-table, invited speeches, debate panel, hands-on demonstration, blended with live-streaming or recorded demo)
- Facilities/resources required, if any
- Proposed length
- Proposed output/dissemination, if any (video, minutes, presentations, short report, etc.)